Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Better Late Than Never...

I have come to the realization that successful bloggers are picture takers. I’m a take the pictures and leave them on a file in your computer for years to come kind of girl. I am most definitely not a scrapper, I have friends who are scrappers and who always have a camera in their purses, so I leave most of the photo taking up to them. However, because Easter is one of my favorite holidays I made an effort at taking pictures.

I love Easter because of what it represents, hope. To know my Savior is alive and constantly with me gives that “calm assurance” that I can face uncertain days because He lives. If it wasn’t for Easter, if it wasn’t for the resurrection it would all be in vain. But it’s not, He lives and so we celebrate.

I teach a high school Sunday school class with my dear friend Melissa. We love to shop! We probably shouldn’t shop together as we always use the, “We’re young and single and can buy these frivolous purchases if we want excuse.” The excuse we used for the recent purchase of the world’s sexiest purple high heels. The I’m not leaving the store without these hot heels, the they’re so hot we both need a pair of high heels. We decided to debut the heels for Easter. Saturday pedicures were in order, as sexy heels deserve pretty feet and toes!



We had an Easter egg hunt for our Sunday School class, they loved it! One guy said, “Man, I feel like a kid again.” Someone left a Southern Living bowl at my house, it looked so pretty on my table I had to convince myself to do the right thing and return it.

I wanted a new profile picture for face book, some times I feel technology has made us so
pathetic. Especially since I live alone, taking my picture ensued a fight with the self-timer. I don't know who won!






When I was growing up we always had a huge crowd over to hunt eggs after church. It was always such fun, so I decided I’d through myself a grown up Easter egg hunt. I also decided to embrace my inner child and dye Easter eggs. I learned a very valuable lesson this Easter, do not dye eggs, and make cupcakes at the same time right before you’re supposed to be at your mother’s house. One of my eggs was so ugly, I threw it away! The cupcakes fared better than the eggs.


I failed to think of taking pictures of everyone who came over to celebrate Easter, until I was down to two guests. It was fun being a kid again. However, we were very grown up about the distribution of the candy. We pooled it all together and had a take what you like philosophy, which never would have flown as a child. I am still enjoying the loot. Happy Easter, a little late!

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth you are a HOOT!! I love you!

    I seriously think you need to audition for America's Next Top model..you have the face and everything!! Can I submit you?! ;)

    Looks like you had an amazing Easter and it is a blessed day indeed...I loved all your goodies and all you got to do..

    And, you are soo right enjoy that shopping now b/c one day you'll spend on your kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!