Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wishing...

Today, someone came into work with a Lisa Frank notebook. Hello, childhood memories. Then I read Tiffani’s post on JuJu and saw rainbow cupcakes online. And I’m cranky, and feel like whining so suddenly …

I wish I were four
Back in the days when throwing a tantrum on the floor was expected
And care bears were my friend
Back in the days I danced in a tutu
And swung on swings
And wore hair bows
Back in the days I was read to
Back in the days when life was a happy meal
And Santa was real
Back in the days I was made to take a nap
And got to sit in my Momma’s lap
Back in the days I thought being grown up meant eye shadow
And convertibles
Back in the days of Popples
And play dough
I wish I were four.....

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I'm all misty over here!! girl, how often I think on the very same thing...how "changed" the world is through adult eyes..but oddly enough it's the very same world, y'know?!

    It's fun to dream and remember, isn't it? But, I STILL love Lisa Frank, eyeshadow and ice cream..and play-doh.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!