Sunday, September 27, 2009

Waving Good Bye...

This weekend we celebrated. We celebrated thirty years of life. We celebrated with eating, with drinking, with laughing and talking. Like all good celebrations we celebrated with a party. We celebrated with friends, with family. We celebrated all the days gone by and all the days yet to be. And this afternoon as I stood in my driveway waving good bye to my best friend for the longest time, I was suddenly washed in a wave of sadness. Sad that our celebration had reached its end, yet with a heart so full from a splendid celebration. And as I stood sad and waving, it suddenly was there, Him, Jesus. And I was once again thankful that He never leaves me that He's always there.

Thank you Jesus, for always loving me, for never leaving me no matter what state I'm in. Thank you Jesus, for friends and their birthdays.....for life and life more abundant, for faithfulness and unending love. Thank you Jesus, that with you, I never have to wave good bye.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Elizabeth. It was a wonderful weekend, and you did such a beautiful job with my party. Ditto to the sadness, but we have so much more to do and to celebrate in life. You're my favorite! Come see me soon. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!

    After celebrating with close friends, I often feel a sad/happy combo....sad that it's over and happy that it happened. We were with friends on Friday night. We were the first to leave...it was a great time, but I was so sad to be leaving. There is something so special about best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post, girl. I love great girlfriends and I love our sweet Jesus who grants them to us and I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!