Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'll Have a Blue New Years.

Normally I ramble, on and on and on some more. My speciality is boredom and nonsense. Not today, not happening. Today I dawn me now my bun and glasses. Pardon me while I button my cardigan and sharpen my pencil. Please take your seats class, for today I school you in all things Blue.

For any skeptics my teaching credentials were earned from Yahoo. Grit your teeth, squish your toes and prepare for the shudder that is chalk going on a chalk board, as I write today's assignment on the board. "Blue Moon." Uh, huh, you've heard of him. I know, Elvis and Ella and Dean are partying on your vocal cords begging you to let loose and belt out your best rendition of "Blue Moon" ever. Well, history has made a fool out of us all. Cause a Blue Moon ain't about a counseling session with a broken heart, nope and pity the fool who stops reading right now and misses this education.

Straight from the text book of my alma mater I give to thee the definition of a "Blue Moon"
"Once in a blue moon there is one on New Year's Eve. Revelers ringing in 2010 will be treated to a so-called blue moon. According to popular definition, a blue moon is the second full moon in a month. But don't expect it to be blue — the name has nothing to do with the color of our closest celestial neighbor."
Add that your list of smarts. A blue moon is an extra full moon and according to my institute of higher education a full moon on New Year's Eve only occurs every 19 years. For extra credit you can read all about it, right here

I fully intend to view this Blue Moon. "Handsome guys won't you come out tonight, come out tonight and dance by the light of the moon." It's fate I tell you, the stars are aligned for the dawning of this new decade. The decade I'm claiming for myself. This will be the decade my blue moon turns to gold. I'm so elated I'm going to get glitter and crayons and make a list of the fun I intend to have as my perfect 2010 comes to call. I'm going to lasso me a George Bailey and love him till the day I die.


Your homework is to party till your hats fall off and to know I love you. Thanks for putting up with my rambling, non-essentials! Happy, Happy New Year! Class Dismissed!

1 comment:

  1. well, I do declare...that is just some vital information...you smarty pants, you.

    I love me some random information and I can't wait to share this with my kiddos.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!