Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You Are Now Entering the Twilight Zone

Occasionally my teeth fall out, I lose my way, cuss folks out, make babies, and forget articles of clothing. Then I wake up, jump out of bed sing the hallelujah chorus find my tennis shoes and charge down the straight and narrow and belt out I walk the line. The land between dreams and conscious, is my personal navigational buoy that anchors me to the good ship lollipop. Cause not knowing who your baby daddy is and delivering a speech in the buff and cussing down your family is the guilt that sinks ships. But a clean conscience is the stuff that floats the boat. What you talking bout, Folgers? The best part of waking up is knowing that ain’t no baby bump, it’s just last night’s pizza.

2 comments:

  1. The teeth falling out is my "go-to" bad dream. Any forthcoming bad dreams may be a direct result of my new found disappointment that I've never successfully included a Johnny Cash AND a Shirley Temple reference in the same paragraph. Magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have a vivid and crazy dreamland...most shant be recanted here or anywhere else though because they are vicious and violent and full of war, pestilence, crime, and indecency. I really look forward to waking up in the morning when my uneventful little world resumes turning true on axis.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!