Saturday, February 6, 2010

And The Band Played On

The scent of white linen perfume and I'm transported, suddenly I'm eight years old dancing in the swimming pool singing Casey Would Waltz with The Strawberry Blonde and thinking of her........


Born at the dawn of the roaring twenties,
Her life reads like a soap opera.
Mama died when she was two
Raised in foster care
The belle of the ball,
She oozes pizzaz
Charm bubbles over
Married five times

Only has one kidney,
Gave her sister the other one
World traveler
Fashion icon
Fashion buyer
Model

Mother
Woman
Janie Belle......
One of my biggest fans
And I hers
Always and forever

Happy 90th Birthday, Granjanie
You're my favorite, for always. 

Click here for more photos on my brothers flickr

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE seeing her at church!! and WOWZERS!!! What a BEAUTY!!!!!!!!!!! Quite the lady, I see too! See! I knew you came from greatness! ;)

    Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she is lovely. Hope she had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!