Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Nothing At All

Isn't that how it’s supposed to go when you don’t have anything nice to say? Saying nothing at all isn’t an easy task for me. I was nicknamed motor mouth as a child. Genuineness is a character trait that I highly value and esteem. Yet, I too often cross the line between genuineness and just plain negativity. Why is it when you desire and seek to be positive that suddenly you feel besieged and engulfed by a sea of the gripes?

Oh, today I'd like to fly
Up above this flesh and bone
Up above this fallen world
Up where strivings cease
And judgments stop
Up where worries fall
And failures end
Oh, today I'd like to fly
Feebleness,
Frailty,
Fears and Foe
Pass me by,
And let me fly

As I struggled to string those words together to mirror my heart, I felt His word come back to my memory. but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary;they shall walk and not faint -Isaiah 40:31


To wait, to twist ourselves onto Him who flies, onto Him who rises above all failure. To wait, to fall off, to get back up and twist again. I find hope in knowing I'm not the only one who blows it. "Church girl" will always say it better. Her story of blowing it echoed in my bones, read it. It will humble you and refresh you. All I have to give is nothing, nothing at all. Yet, Christ redeems and renews, again and again.

57. for turquoise and red, together
58. for a fridge full of fruit and veggies
59. for a repaired sentimental necklace and it's reminder of redemption
60. for thanks even when it's a sacrifice
61. for Christ's faithfulness
62. for Come Thou Fount, always hopeful to my ears
63. for dusk

1 comment:

  1. ok, I'm camped out here catching up...love your words and thankies....turquoise and red. love it. JuJu has some jammies those colors with cherries all over them...I'll give you 2 guesses who bought them for her and the first one doesn't count ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!