Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Toilet Bowl

Where have you been Billy Boy, Billy Boy? Where have you been charming Billy? If you both know and appreciate the remaining lyrics we can be BFFs.

“I thought you went to feed the hogs and done got it!” A phrase my surrogate family taught me to use in times of prolonged absence. I have not been to feed the hogs but I do believe I done got it, by all things ugly. "I feel like I slept with the devil last night" is a term I give to days washed in the blood of humanity. Only this time it wasn’t a day it was days. I was about to be the devil’s common in law wife and bear his evil spawn, which I would aptly name rotten, selfish, angry, and spoiled.

I’ve got issues. So does the new man in my life.

Scout’s honor he’s male, no self-respecting women would allow herself to get in his predicament. Trust me the booger is clean. He’s been bleached, scrubbed, chemically treated and he's bore witness to umpteen other cleaners.

He reminds me of me as a Christian. I am clean only because of God’s grace, yet to sit awhile with me is to know I don’t always act clean. I bear the stains of humanity. And that at&t knows very well. My only hope is a new toilet, I think I understand the great white throne a little better. I find myself longing a bit more for the day when the fight over this flesh and bone is done. And until then I rest in knowing He views me as clean, because Christ and only Christ has made me so.

So that’s where I’ve been, Billy Boy. Acting like Satan’s mistress to At&t, moving boxes, living without internet, stomping feet, throwing fits. Cleaning toilets, being human and remembering I’m Christ’s not Satan’s. And on that I’ll put the seat down and flush this thing with some thanks.

120. For toilets
121. For the ability to be honest before God
122. For friends who don't judge your anger
123. For friends who let you wallow for a bit
124. For mom's who love you anyways
125. For drumsticks and klondikes in my freezer
126. For having the world wide web back up and running
127. For brothers who join your blog
128. For Titus 3:5
"not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us through the washing of regeneration and the renewing of the Holy Spirit."
129. For forgiveness

1 comment:

  1. Oh sweet Elizabeth....I've missed visiting you.

    "I've been to seek a wife, she's the joy of my life...she's a young thing and cannot leave her mother" ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!