Sunday, July 18, 2010

Top of the Morning

I've lived here for over two weeks and only this morning scrounging up my breakfast did I realize I didn't know where my plates were. I've survived two weeks without a plate. One can indeed survive off of ice cream novelties, fruit, publix sushi and the occasional carrot. This girl is proof. Oh you poor little male suitors, I hope you can cook or at least like honey nut cheerios.

It was a grey morning, hazy, cloudy, overcast, breezy, it matched my mood perfectly. I love when that happens, when the air, and the sky and all that makes up weather magically mirror your state of being. To me it's natures way of saying I know, I understand, I feel you.

My morning was good. It was restful, calm, pensive and thinky. My new house has a screened in porch, I think it's my favorite.


This morning I sat out there for hours until it was humid, hot and sticky. I ate my breakfast, drank my coffee, wrote long overdue thank you notes, wrote in my prayer journal, read my Bible, and thought and thought some more.

Thanks from my today, my Sunday...

130. for sleeping in
131. for quiet days
132. for fresh cherries
133. for whipped cream
134. for shopping with gift cards
135. for a new purplish, pinkish swim suit
136. for screened in porches
137. for white coffee mugs
138. for blogs
139. for apple eating while walking through a deserted down town, your down town with your post office.
140. for singing along to old school country ballads
141. for children and parents shopping in stores
142. for mommies asking their little girls opinions, "this one or that one?"
143. for a glimpse of the highway
144. for shampooed hair
145. for shaved legs
146. for a spritz of perfume
147. for things that smell pretty
148. for things that don't smell pretty to remind you to be thankful for things that do
149. for His mercy that is new every morning.

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking for the LOVE button.

    Because if there was one on Blogger, I'd totally push the sucker for this post.

    Love.
    Love.
    Love.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!