Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eyes Wide Shut


Strolling down sidewalks, coffee in hand, peering in unopened storefront windows, I thought how nice it is that one day a week life is aloud to wake slower. Mark 13, morning's message a reminder that Jesus calls us to be awake, to look for Him.

And as sleepy eyes though wide awake walked on Sunday morning, I pondered what it means to be awake with Christ. These eyes they know it well, sleep walking, slumbering through the days. Yet, Christ He awakens, He stirs, He opens eyes again and again. "Awake my soul and sing of Him who died for me" a lone line from a hymn making melody in my heart. "Come thou fount of every blessing, tune my heart to sing thy grace." Awakening with acknowledgement of His goodness...

219. for the ribbon bookmark in my Bible
220. for the sixth season of Lost being out on dvd
221. for a freshly made bed
222. for a movie with my mom and sisters
223. for twirling in skirts
224. for blankets in the yard and reading

225. for cooler days
226. for long weekends
227. for a bush of pink flowers viewed while driving
228. for an ice cream cone and downtown stroll
229. for hymns, two favorites, sung at Sunday's service
230. for brief moments with friends at crosswalks
231. for bbq sandwiches

232. for lemon ice box pie

233. for laughing with a friend
234. for shoe shopping, even when you get nothing
235. for starbucks breakfast bought with a gift card

236. for window shopping before stores open
237. for my yellow dress
238. for a turquoise clutch
239. for my etsy rings
240. for lunch with my dad
241. for driving in a convertible
242. for a long walk
243. for homemade pudding popsicles
244. for pink gladiolus

245. for summer's end
246. for Him who wakes my soul to sing

2 comments:

  1. Love those shoes! I got a pair of heels with rouched peep toes...so fun!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress wasn't yellow; it was YELLOW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!