Sunday, November 21, 2010

Memory and Truth

My memory searched for them, words to a chorus learned on a mission trip. They evaded me for most of the day. I even thought I'd found them and hummed along the wrong words until out on a walk words came rushing home. As the sky stretched out endless blue, fading day, I played these words again. "All that I need is you, Jesus, All that I need is you, from early in the morning till late at night all that I need is you." Such a simple song how could my memory forget? But it does and that I live. Wanting so very many things from pretty frocks, to love, to triumph over all that falls short, all these things I want when He is all that I need. I have Christ, I have life. I have redemption, I have hope, I have His ever presence. Sometimes it seems so silly, so trite, to say He's all we need. But it is true and it's truth has found me time after time. My prayer at the end of this Sunday is that His truth will find you too. And together we'll sing, "All that I need is you, Jesus, All that I need is you, from early in the morning till late at night all that I need is you."

381. for Him finding me
382. for His loving me, who wants so much
383. for having all that I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!