Monday, February 14, 2011

What's Your Favorite?

Bare feet would bounce on the black tarp, jumping higher and higher as we volleyed back and forth, "what's your favorite?" What's your favorite ice cream? What's your favorite fruit? Long the time has passed since these soles have trampoline jumped, but still how I love the naming of favorites. What's your favorite? I love it, my silly little detailed mind snatches my friends and family's favorites and files them neat in my noggins own dossier  of "what's your favorite?" Those favorites are the clothes of the who, the why and the what making us each marvelously unique and sometimes the binds that tie us similar. Wouldn't I wax odd if I mailed out a survey querying favorites, color? candy? food? hymn? verse? song? memory? story? movie? It's the game that never ends.

Sunday morn and the words filled the screen and He filled my heart and our voices filled the air. On Christ the solid rock I stand, singing while heart clapped and mind reeled, "this one, pick this one!" This hymn inked with the whelm of solid abundant truth, I think it's my favorite. Perhaps, until Sunday comes again.  What's your favorite?  A hymn, a song any ole favorite will do.

Learning gratitude in the naming of thanks....

477. for multitudes of thanks swirling and waiting for the taking
478. for a kind email in response to a mass email goof up telling me "it's ok, we all make mistakes"
479. for the Spirit's planting melodies and bringing songs to remembrance in my heart
480. for memories
481. for mail trucks
482. for the vastness of the sky
483. for abundant sunshine
484. for valentine balloons colored happy
485. for being done
486. for hope again and again
487. for Valentine's pizza party with sweet family
488. for Valentine's gifts
489. for Valentine's tulips
490. for Mom who knows the favorites
491. for the sound of Cameron's voice
492. for Kimberly's comments
493. for Leanne's cards
494. for happy post office mail days
495. for favorites a plenty
496. for english muffin pizzas
497. for tastes that taste like home
498. for waking up to the smell of coffee
499. for growth
500. for books
501. for reading
502. for Malley Cat and how she loves
503. for street corner conversations with John
504. for the voice that tells the truth when the words lie
505. for the knowing of the voice
506. for words
507. for He who binds and mends and holds it all together
508. for the solid rock, Christ, our only hope

Half way there and not even close for thanks never end and favorites are gifts ready for the naming of the thanks.

3 comments:

  1. A gal who loves details ... YAY! A kindred spirit! Let's see ... I don't really have a fave color but earthtones generally suit me just fine (w/an occasional jeweltone thrown in for good measure); Milky Way is my all time favorite candybar; I love a good veggie Quesdilla w/gucamole on the side; Hymn? Hmmmm --probably "Prayer Bells of Heaven"; verse? -- so many but Psalms 121:8 comforts me but there are many, many others; favorite song "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" when Doris Day sings it!; I have too many wonderful memories to pick just one and as for stories, I used to love to hear my grandparents speak of long, long ago (oh how I wish I could hear them once more!); my favorite movie is "You've Got Mail" -- I'm a hopeless romantic. Oh I think I've gone on for way too long .... I got carried away. Thanks for this post -- it prompted me to think of all my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire is my favorite baby. Red is the color for me; however, I enjoy just about any color in the right setting. My fave flower is the tulip:o) (I got some Valentine tulips also). And coffee. . .need I say more. The only thing better than coffee is coffee and friends. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks. You are a favorite of mine Liz.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!