Bare feet would bounce on the black tarp, jumping higher and higher as we volleyed back and forth, "what's your favorite?" What's your favorite ice cream? What's your favorite fruit? Long the time has passed since these soles have trampoline jumped, but still how I love the naming of favorites. What's your favorite? I love it, my silly little detailed mind snatches my friends and family's favorites and files them neat in my noggins own dossier of "what's your favorite?" Those favorites are the clothes of the who, the why and the what making us each marvelously unique and sometimes the binds that tie us similar. Wouldn't I wax odd if I mailed out a survey querying favorites, color? candy? food? hymn? verse? song? memory? story? movie? It's the game that never ends.
Sunday morn and the words filled the screen and He filled my heart and our voices filled the air. On Christ the solid rock I stand, singing while heart clapped and mind reeled, "this one, pick this one!" This hymn inked with the whelm of solid abundant truth, I think it's my favorite. Perhaps, until Sunday comes again. What's your favorite? A hymn, a song any ole favorite will do.
Learning gratitude in the naming of thanks....
477. for multitudes of thanks swirling and waiting for the taking
478. for a kind email in response to a mass email goof up telling me "it's ok, we all make mistakes"
479. for the Spirit's planting melodies and bringing songs to remembrance in my heart
480. for memories
481. for mail trucks
482. for the vastness of the sky
483. for abundant sunshine
484. for valentine balloons colored happy
485. for being done
486. for hope again and again
487. for Valentine's pizza party with sweet family
488. for Valentine's gifts
489. for Valentine's tulips
490. for Mom who knows the favorites
491. for the sound of Cameron's voice
492. for Kimberly's comments
493. for Leanne's cards
494. for happy post office mail days
495. for favorites a plenty
496. for english muffin pizzas
497. for tastes that taste like home
498. for waking up to the smell of coffee
499. for growth
500. for books
501. for reading
502. for Malley Cat and how she loves
503. for street corner conversations with John
504. for the voice that tells the truth when the words lie
505. for the knowing of the voice
506. for words
507. for He who binds and mends and holds it all together
508. for the solid rock, Christ, our only hope
Half way there and not even close for thanks never end and favorites are gifts ready for the naming of the thanks.