Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Whatever

I've told myself if I go wash the dishes I can eat ice cream, even though I already had pudding. This could be why my pants didn't fit this morning. Nonetheless in an attempt to skirt the dishes, "howdy one and all." Turned thirty and to date haven't self-combusted. No water works, save the sprinkle of tears at Bridesmaids. But I think it was because I laughed until my jaw ached and my tear ducts felt left out.


Thirty hasn't curbed my penchant for shopping or shoes. Perhaps altered it though, I went shoe shopping and came home with Dr. Scholl's. Feel crazy good is stamped on the box and the box don't lie.


Well the birthday cake has run dry, vacation is over and it's back to the daily grind. All thirty years of me with the grandma shoes and snug trousers. Whatever. Philippians was my buddy who ushered me into thirty. When I lament and moan he rolls his eyes and says, "whatever." Brother knows what he's talking about when I apply his truth it's like a magic potion that sweetens up even the bitter.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


Off to tackle the dishes.

Whatever, the ICE CREAM!

May your bowl runneth over. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Elizabeth!!

    Have I told you lately that you are such a great writer?! You make me laugh, sigh, get teary, and laugh again. Hope this is a fabulous year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This passage has been running through my head this week. Thank you for this post. It is precious. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I think I'll always prefer ice cream over dishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!