Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Mosquito's Buffet


The Teddy Bear's Picnic, certainly you must know of it, a favorite story from childhood, highly recommended. What about The Mosquito's Buffet, heard of it? I pray not. I unfortunately am presently very well read in it. My last little mosquito tale was like Murder She Wrote this sequel was more akin to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 30 some odd bites in a span of minutes and that ain't the half of it. I feed my best friend to um too. All so you could know I wore orange high heels, a ruffly black dress and a turquoise necklace. If I never post another what i wore feature for as long as we all shall leave, you'll know why. And if you get curious just know I look an awful lot like a giant whelp of a mosquito bite. My friend aptly gave title to the Mosquito's Buffet. End of the story? If you go out in the woods today, turn and run like hades back home.

Like the final page turn of a really good book is the closing of the weekend. Glad you read it but sad to see it go. Leaving bits of your heart and happy lined memories in the binding.




This weekend ends with chapters of  $0.49 fountain cokes, polka dots and cheap cheeseburgers, pink toes and roses, red box movies, orange sherbet, farmers market jaunts and church and brunch best friend Sunday dates, and the biggest gulp of the giantest coke I've ever drank, laughing at afternoon movies and dishing up frozen yogurt and happy banter. While that sentence reads like an English teacher's worst nightmare, the content did not. A +, Mr. Weekend, A + well written, my friend, well written.  Though on an editor's note, ditch the mosquitos, brother. Ditch um!




Sweet friends, wishing you week's that read like the weekend and day's full of happy.

2 comments:

  1. I second your A+ to the weekend. Also, your picture of the coke made me want another one. And I was so sure that I was cured of my craving after yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly (sniff, sniff) my weekend was no where near at A+ ... C- (and that's being VERY generous!) but my Monday was 'fantabulous', an A+ for sure as I was blessed with a newborn niece, Abigail Rae, arrived healthy & whole at 8:02 a.m. on 8/8, weighing in at 8 lbs. 4 oz. (BTW, so sorry about the 'Mosquito Buffet'! ')

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!