Monday, October 17, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life

That the Creator of the Universe still breaths life in the hidden secret of the womb weaving and knitting, fashioning and working one more tiny wonder, is of all things most hopeful. And of all things most joyful is the birth of one such babe to the heart of your friend. She's perfect like a baby doll and a happy little thing. Born on a Saturday giving birth to new parents, who are growing in grace and growing in love as she is growing in life. Met her on a Sunday one year ago today. Sweet little girl, my cup runs over thinking of you.  


A birthday prayer for your sweet family of three

For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,  may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us
Ephesians 3:14-20




Kissed with His image, fed by His love I give thanks for the gift of life, the gift of you. Happy Birthday, Claire girl.

You simply must go here and swoon over the stunning pictures of beautiful Claire and her mommy and daddy. 
thankful # 684

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could tell you how bittersweet, wonderful, encouraging, and tear producing this post is. . .Seeing how much she has grown and how she is no longer a "baby" is one of the hardest, sweetest, "depressing"(I say that jokingly) sites I have experienced. Motherhood is a joyful wound. Once you have a little one, to truly love and care for them as you should requires you to be vulnerable beyond measure. . .it is without a doubt the most intense experience I have yet to have.
    Thank you. Thank you for your prayers. Thank you for this post. Thank you for the opportunity to remenisce. Thank you for the prayer verse. Thank you for allowing God to use you so abundantly and obviously in mine and my family's lives. Thank you for loving Claire as you do. I will give thanks for you always. May He bless you beyond all measure. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written....

    Fellow counter,
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day! Comments are my favorite!